NAB is a marathon, not a sprint.
Remember, you needed to start reviewing your notes from NAB already . If you do this, in nice little 15 min or so increments, you'll hang on to the knowledge you've gained.
And if you took a photo of me teaching (and it came out okay) - please take a moment and send it to me!
I'll put the show notes here, and if you want to continue reading, great.
At the bottom, I'll mention a couple of "freebies" you can get.
- Color Bootcamp in Resolve
- Quickstart Editing in Resolve
- Advanced Video Compression
- VR on a Budget
- Premiere collective
- Vr Foundations
- Resolve Collective
- Premiere tips - no notes...but extra
- Avid Collective
- Adobe Premiere Pro Third party Transitions.
- Premiere new features in LumaForge suite
- Make or Break Resolve tips for editors in LumaForge Suite
- All day color correction Premiere from 2017
- All day Resolve CC 2018
A couple of NAB items to mention
For those of you considering the Editors Retreat - there was an unofficial party. Normally at the Mando (like a man cave - but a condo, where one of the attendees has an office), we took the party on the road in a Disco bus (see the purple laser photo.) Additionally, there is a dinner at Lotus of Siam (best Thai food in the US.) The wild thing about the ER alumni? They make both of these things happen themselves. That's how tight-knit they are.
Each day began with breakfast and "oh shit, what needs to get done" for the sessions that day. I couldn't have made NAB work, without the kind help of people like: Liat Kozuch, Abba Shapiro, Robbie Carman, Bram Desmet, Chris Bobotis, Cheryl Ottenritter, Matt Cielia, Lucas Wilson, Ross Shane, Sam Mestman, Patrick Southern, Eric Philpott, Michelle Gallina, Nick Harauz, and so many others.
Aside from the 9 sessions, 1 all-day event and a hands-on day, I taught two sessions in the LumaForge Faster Together Stage.
You really read this far? Here's some stuff for free!
- Freebie #1 (just for reading this!) A set of Search bins for Adobe Premiere Pro that you can import into any project.
- Freebie #2 Better Proxies Presets for Adobe Premiere Pro that I gave away last year.
- Freebie #3 A set of compression presets I gave away at Adobe Video World
Hope you loved the classes!
The Creative Summit is the other Conference I helm.
The Editors Retreat is my baby - and the Creative Summit is my second child.
I'm still stunned that Apple let us behind their doors and encouraged us to take photos!
They've done an amazing job of bringing FCPX in line with solid color tools and VR tools. As always, this makes things interesting
Here are my notes from my sessions!
This year at Adobe Max, I gave three different talks.
- Advanced Premiere Pro Tips
- Making Presentations Pop
- Getting Started (with Abba Shapiro)
It's literally the hardest conference to prepare for, because of the range of attendees!
If you enjoyed the talks, please review them in the App - otherwise Adobe won't want to have me back next year.
Click on any title below for the presentation. Extras are in the body
If you want to upload a picture or a file you have a question about. click here
Want everything? Click here: One link everything from Max2017
Abba is always a joy to teach with - and we tried to squeeze so much into this session!
These always seem to take longer than I want!
Thanks for coming out (and signing up for my mailing list.)
Adobe Video World is a phenomenal conference experience. There is something great about being around others who love/use the same tools you use.
Feel free to reach out if you have questions or you need some level of personalized training. This isn't the only set of tools I teach. :D
I taught six sessions:
- VR Foundations
- Beyond 4k
- Mastering the Timeline
- Mastering the Lumetri Panel & Scopes
- Mastering Three point editing and Trimming
- Compression for the MoGraph Artist
And four for Nick
- Stitching for VR
- Editing in VR - it's part of stitching and VR foundations
- Team Projects - Can't distribute this until Adobe's announcement.
- Proxies in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Oh, you want everything? Sure. Here are all the talks in one group
Bonus: The Better proxies (and there are a TON!)
This is very much Alpha - there are quite a bit and some instructions. I'd LOVE feedback (or if you need a different preset.) Just drop me a note
Bonus 2: Search folders beta project.
Import this into a project and you'll have a bucket of ways of examining your footage.
A day late. Or if you've been waiting a week...well, longer.
Sorry about that. Life and travel and life intrudes.
There's loads of stuff here.
It's okay if it's overwhelming. Yes, you can email me questions about it. Yes. you should review it (and all of your NAB notes) for 5-10 min a day for the next 30 days.
Feel free to download anything here - even if you didn't attend that session.
I'll say it again: yes, you can bug me for the rest of your life. Emails are free. Phone calls cost money.
- Saturday - Boot Camp Compression - 3 hour Boot Camp on Video Compression. Yes, if you want me to give you a preset - just ask!
- Saturday - Cross Train Resolve - If you're an editor and you want to switch to Resolve - this goes over how things setup/compare. Of course, this is for the 12.5 version. The 14 beta is a little different - but very much the same
- Sunday - VR Foundations. Included in this deck are the emails of my guests and Matt Celia's Deck
- Sunday - Closed and Open Captions - this session was canceled, so I haven't developed a deck for it yet. (It was canceled for Apple's Keynote.) But if you have Open/closed caption questions, feel free to send them along!
- Monday - VR stitching. Yes, I've added in all my resources for it.
- Monday - Creativity Collective Adobe Premiere Pro. There were no notes for this - as each presenter organically gave tips.
- Tuesday - Hidden Secrets of Adobe Premiere Pro, along with Abba Shapiro. No notes were given for this - as we wrote it "dueling pianos" style for three hours. If you have a specific question (like, "how did you do x, y or z") feel free to send it my way.
- Tuesday - VR Starter Kit in Lumaforge's Faster Together Stage. This is really talk 7.5. But if you saw any of my VR talks, it has slightly different content. This was a 15 minute talk.
- Tuesday - Creativity Collective FCPX There were no notes for this - as each presenter organically gave tips.
- Wednesday - All day Compression Workshop. Grab the Boot Camp and this link. There are a number of decks here that weren't seen - but are great reference. Yes, if you want a specific preset, just ask.
- Thursday - All day Hands on Color Correction class in Adobe Premiere Pro with Jarle Leirpoll of PremierePro.net. And yes, if you're struggling with a correction, you can send me the stills and I'll do a quick grade.
Sorry again it took so long. But if you look at the above, I think you'll understand why. :D
You've found it!
This is the secret area where I keep my session resources. I'll be posting them all here over the next couple of days.