And now we're on 10.3!
This event is special to me - it's one of the friendliest conferences I get to go to.
Speaking of which - I have *NO PHOTOS* of me speaking. If you happen to have one, I'd love to have it.
Go here to upload photos:
Color Correction Basics
This 5 hour class laid the groundwork for some good practices for CC. See the Advanced Class info.
Compression Made Easy
Among other things - I built a preset for clients - CBR, a little crunchy + a watermark. You'll have it too when you download my notes.
Just drag it into Compressors Setting window.
Advanced Color Correction
I included the complex color board with a Primary, Secondary for faces (a combination of a keyer and a shape), and a third color board as a Vignette.
Just double click it to add it to your system.
To get my notes:
Here's the 30 in 30 list
- Shift T (Transform), Shift C (crop), Optional D (distort)
- Audition in the Browser
- Controlling the Video (Ctrl V) for the video animation
- Using click/shift click to adjust the timing of an animation on the timeline
- Shift 1,2,3 to modify adding clips to the timeline
- Spatial conform of multiple stills via the Bottom of the Video tab of the inspector. Don't miss "Fill" vs. "Fit"
- Holding down the tool key (like Z) and using it...to release and have it snap back to the Arrow.
- X to mark the spot. Q to add a clip exactly to that duration.
- X to mark the spot, CMD-Opt-W to add a lower third perfectly on a clip.
- Optional R - Replace from Start.
- Adding a Freeze Frame from the Browser (opt F) adds it as a connected clip - and doesn't disturb your timing
- Quickest montage.
- Add Music under a Gap
- CMD B tap while playing back
- Opt R replace as you go.
- The Optional Control of Loudness is absolute - perfect for quickly setting music to not blast your years
- Bonus: Opt click the green dot to maximize OS X windows w/o going full screen.
- Bonus: Three finger swipe down in OS X to show recent documents.